Thursday, June 08, 2006

Mirror


"I am silver and exact.
I have no preconceptions.
Whatever I see I swallow immediately
Just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike.
I am not cruel, just truthful -The eye of a little god, four cournered.
Most of the time I meditate on the opposite wall.It is pink, with speckles.
I have looked at it so long
I think it is a part of my heart. But it flickers.
Faces and darkness separate us over and over. Now I am a lake.
A woman bends over me,
Searching my reaches for what she really is.
Then she turns to those liars, the candles or the moon.
I see her back, and reflect it faithfully.
She rewards me with tears and an agitation of hands
I am important to her.
She comes and goes.
Each morning it is her face that replaces the darkness.
In me she has drowned a young girl, and in me an old woman
Rises toward her day after day, like a terrible fish".

Sylvia Plath


Às vezes precisamos de um espelho. Para ver o que somos, quando somos tudo aquilo que vemos.
Máscaras dilaceradas pelos murros da vida. Do inferno que são os outros, do inferno que passa também por nós.

O espelho.
Para olharmos de frente.
Momices, expressões e sorrisos.
Os olhos. Diáfanos, vagos, mas não perdidos.
Devaneios de nós, de tudo aquilo que somos quando estamos a sós.
Eu e o espelho.


A sylvia, um dia abriu o gás e fechou as janelas.

3 Comments:

Blogger oldmirror said...

precisamos sempre, não às vezes.

7:49 AM  
Blogger inBluesY said...

devemos sempre nos ver...pelo menos a nós.

5:16 PM  
Blogger A said...

... e o filme que retrata a vida da grande escritora é soberbo..."

Muito bom, PJ.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home